Wednesday, August 17, 2005

why does "stat" mean hurry up in a hospital?


I just found out that 99.5% of all American households own a refrigerator. I also found out that the Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters. This brings up two important questions - 1. Why would 1/2 of 1 percent of the population not have a fridge. If I lived in a city of 100,000 people, that means that 500 People in my city would be fridgeless. How does that happen? I even had a fridge in my dorm room in college. I'm broke as a joke and I have the old dorm fridge, a regular one & a full sized freezer that we bought at a garage sale for thirty bucks. Maybe I'm part of the problem. Now I'm wondering if I should start a refrigerator ministry and give them away. hmmm...
-
And what's the deal with a Hawaiian alphabet? Aren't they one of our 50 states? It seems like they'd stick with English - kindda like the other 49. I know in Ireland there are about 50 people who speak Gaelic...but that's just kind of a fun little cultural oddity. They basically have joined Ohio, Rhode Island and the rest of us on this English speaking thing.
-
I just worry about stupid things that I read...
-Did you know there are about 61,000 people flying over the U.S. right now? weird...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:32 PM

    There are people who are decendants of "native" hawaiians (no one anywhere is really a native) who are pushing legislation granting them an autonomous government and sovereign territory (like "native" Americans).

    Just for the record, "native" only means "got here first".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 PM

    beth miller will be in hawaii tuesday to live

    ReplyDelete