Tuesday, August 02, 2005

As seen on tv


I've never bought anything off an infomercial. I take that back. I've never called an 800 number and ordered anything from an infomercial. Something always stops me. I want to. I'll pick up the phone...it's just that I know if I order one thing - it's on. I'll be ordering garbage off of infomercials for the rest of my life. Oh I've bought some stuff - just not mail order.
If I see that beautiful red square on a package - the one that says, "As seen on TV", I'm in. That's all the salesmanship you need for me. To know that at one time, this product was good enough to be in an informercial - it's gotta be quality. A knife that can slice through paper, a tomato & a tin can - you'd be silly not to want one of those. A rotiserie that you can set and forget...and still have ribs that fall off the bone!
There was actually a store nearby that sold nothing but "As seen on TV" items. It was almost as though God Himself decided to send down a little slice of Heaven and place it between the Pretzel Plaza and the Sock Sanctuary. This store had special vacuum cleaners that could go under your couch, flashlights that ran without batteries, slidy (it's a word) things that you could put your furniture on...and move around the house. It truly was a SUPER market.
Sadly, that store is no longer with us. If only people had realized how close it was to going out of business. If only I had realized. One more pair of electric scissors might have put them over the top. I could have bought two more stackable hampers....I don't know....something.
...if only I'd done more.

No comments:

Post a Comment