Thursday, August 18, 2005

guts


I sometimes wonder what I would be if I had the guts to go for it... I probably would have started a band - Plastic Parts - that was the name of my fake band in middle school - or Batteries Sold separately - that was my fake band name in high school
- The problem is that I can't sing...and I can barely play six chords on a guitar...and don't have much rhythm...and I think you need those things to be in a band. So, in a way, it's probably good that I never had the guts to start a band.
-I wonder though about stuff that I could have accomplished...
Regret can be a great motivator...but it can be kind of heavy. I'm pretty sure that I'm supposed to "Forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead" to " press on toward the goal to win the prize ..." Seems like I can't dwell on stuff that I haven't accomplished...or even attempted. There have been some pretty cool times...and I'm sure there will be plenty more ahead. So maybe it's more about celebrating the victories, pushing the envelope in future endeavors, and maybe even taking a few more risks...
but Plastic Parts? what the heck was that all about?
The cool thing is....I'm not in a band, but I still have a hot wife...

1 comment: