Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Jesus is my homeboy

I would like to appear spiritual...without all of that messiness of actually changing how I live or what I believe.

I've been trying to figure out how I can work that. I know I can deal with showing up for church every once in a while. That's not really a sacrifice (a big part of my goal here is no sacrifice).

I can wear a cross around my neck - just don't expect me to carry one. I've seen a lot of rich people that talk about Jesus... and I'd like to be one of them.

I know I can wear trendy t-shirts that proclaim my faith...so I don't really have to live it. I've heard, "the Bible is open to many interpretations" and "you can't believe everything in the Bible". So if I want to believe that - I've figured out that you can just believe the stuff you read in the Bible that you want to believe...or already believed in the first place. So, in effect, you're just following yourself. You basically just believe in you. You basically are just following...you. It just so happens that this book, or this religion, happens to agree with you about a couple of things.

This is a pretty sweet way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment