Monday, August 01, 2005

dumb guy


I just found out what "blog" stands for...and I have two of them. It's sortta like I found out what Honda means four years after I bought one.

Actually, I don't really know what it means...I'm guessing some guy named Sigurati Honda designed a car and named it after his favorite person. I don't think I could name a car "Murph".

Anyhow, blog stands for web log. I'm not sure that you learn something every day...but I learned that today. I'm still not sure what most abbreviations mean on I.M. (instant message - I know that one)
I get "lol" a lot. It strikes me as something I couldn't, with a good conscience, type very often. I just don't laugh out loud very much. My abbreviation would be "cis" (chuckling inside).
I like "K" for ok. Who has the time to find that "o" on the keyboard? It's all the way over on the right side between I and P.

Even though I have time to write random things here a couple of times a day (my rule of thumb is if I'm waiting for Griffin to get dressed or watching Coop - I'll check my e-mail...and write random stuff while I'm waiting) - I still don't seem to have the time to figure out which keys to type to make a smiley face. Most of the time...when people type one out to me, I have no idea what it even is.


My biggest problem with I.M. is there's no spell check. There probably is, but I have no idea how to use it. I'm pretty spelling insecure. There are a couple of words that I never like to spell - license, biscuit (which is a great word...so it's a crime I don't write it more often), conscience, sense
I also don't like the fact that I have no idea who I'm talking to when "snoopjazzLL458" sends me a message. I'll hit their "buddy info" to try and figure it out - but that rarely works. Sorry Snoopjazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment