Thursday, August 04, 2005

no comment...


I noticed a couple of things about this blog yesterday. I've had this thing for just under a week and hadn't paid much attention to the counter at the bottom. Turns out there have been about 400 hits on this deal in it's first 6 days. I'm guessing that my mom just looks at it 30 or 40 times a day...still, I was kind of surprised. And then...I noticed that someone had left a comment. It was a short, anonymous comment - but a comment nonetheless. I'm still new to this blog thing, and I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work - but I guess I had forgotten that you could leave comments. This could lead to all kinds of insecurities about my Bruce Willis Haiku, my repeated use of the word "pedantic", exhaustive references to Kirby Puckett or my photography skills.
Still, while I'm surprised that there have been as many hits (is that the right word? sure it is...it is, right?) I'm also a little surprised that there are as few comments as there are (the "few" being one). So the question is - should I leave open ended questions? (see what I did there?)
Should I care that people aren't commenting? (I did it again) Can I remove the comment option on my blog? (I am, after all, the king of my blog) Is a blog still a blog without a comment section? You're starting to see my blog ignorance come out now...
but don't dis the king in his own blog.
see - I can be street.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:35 PM

    Hmmm... those aren't open-ended questions. Those are "yes" or "no" questions.

    How have you been a YL leader for so long and not know how to ask open-ended questions?

    Imagine a Campaigners with no open-ended questions...


    Leader: So, is Jesus a good guy?
    [awkward silence, followed by the leader calling on someone]
    Kid: Yes.
    Leader: Thanks for offering your thoughts. Now, what do you guys think - is it good to sin?
    [more awkward silence]
    Kid: No.
    Leader: Thanks. Let's pray.

    ReplyDelete