Sunday, August 14, 2005

little Grif


Griffin - cute little, 4 year old, first child of mine, Griffin- has a new favorite song. He's recently discovered our stereo in the basement...and apparently he has poor hearing, because if I think it's too loud - it's too loud. Maybe he inherited my bad, yet perfectly proportioned, ears.
-
He now asks me, just about every morning, "daddy, do you want to go down in the basement and dance?".
It's like he doesn't know me at all. You live with someone for four plus years and they still asks you something like that. That's like someone saying to me, "hey, do you want to go on a run?" or "M. J., would you babysit for us this week?" "Hey, Kate Hudson - could you give me some marital advice?" (her marriage has about 13 seconds left, by the way - you heard it here first), "hey ________ (fill in your favorite child actor), give me some career advice"
So we haven't gone down to the basement to dance yet. It's a lot easier for me to do the worm upstairs on the hard wood floors anyway.
-
I did find out what his favorite song is. He listens to music a lot in Annie's miniature van. Apparently she plays a lot of Rich Mullins - and he says his favorite new song is
"Our God is an Awesome Guy"
not a bad re-write...

No comments:

Post a Comment