Friday, May 12, 2006

My Work


Acknowledgements from a book I'm reading:

I want to thank the following people for their invaluable contribution to this work:

Bill Wilson for his researching expertise and completing the first draft;

Bob Hostetler for his winsome writing ability and crafting a story that wove the research throughout;

Dave Bellis....for guiding this project to completion;

and a few other people for a few more things.....

My synopsis - I'd like to thank a bunch of people for writing this book that has my name on it.


In that spirit I'd like to thank the following people:

I'd like to think Maya Angelou for her help in compiling the work that makes up my first book, I know why the caged bird sings

I'd like to thank Norman Mailer for his thoughts on my book, the Executioner's Song

Thank you to the French for their assistance with my Statue of Liberty

Thanks to Thomas Jefferson for lending me his pen when I wrote the Declaration of Independence

That flood was helpful for the Grand Canyon, and with that I'd like to thank God for all the water in helping me to put that together

I'd like to thank Dan Kalbach, as a member of the Michael W. Smith Fanclub (the president actually) for introducing me to Mike Dub (as he calls him) and Michael for singing the song that I wrote - Friends are Friends Forever (although he sang it without the line, "unless they kiss your girlfriend when you're out of town at a soccer tournament")

I'd like to thank Steven Fuller for naming his church D'Vine, and for that...I can take no credit.

5 comments:

  1. What? Your gratitude did NOT include Al Gore for inventing The Internet/Blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you readin' Josh McDowell? Are you trying to bone up on your apologetics for the mad Davinci rush?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just really like that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean I would just like to thank you for all the help you've given me in writing this blog. I think it's some of my best work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stac,
    are you psychic? or do you have the acknowledgments page from all the books in the library of Congress memorized?

    ReplyDelete