Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday Monday

It was a pretty good weekend.

Went out with a couple of couples on Friday - followed by Brian Regan and milkshakes - followed by me wondering why I ever let dairy into my system.

I worked for about three hours on Saturday, but it didn't really feel like it. I was then on the golf course ...the miniature golf course. This is where I barely beat my 5 year old, and where I tied my 8 months pregnant wife who also had a one year old in a backpack papoose kind of thing (that's right, she was carrying two kids...and tied me)

Still, I don't wrap up a lot of my esteem in mini-golf. If she were to beat me in racquetball while carrying two kids...then it'd be on.

This was followed by several hours of holding down the couch and praying that it'd rain so I wouldn't have to mow the lawn. My lawn looks like we had a biker rally out front - I have about three hundred pounds in grass seed on it...and nothing. You can sprinkle some on a ceramic head and in two days have a chia head, but put it on my lawn, water it, fertilize it, speak nicely to it...and nada.

Sunday was good...not much to report...bought Griffin a basketball which I'll unveil when he's being especially exceptional... I saw Coop take two steps in a row, and there's a rumor floating out there that he's taken 4 at once. Peggers and Suser are back in town (great), no meetings tonight (nice), my bathroom is leaking through into our kitchen (not so great), our air conditioner is working (good stuff), but it turns out our heat no longer works (hmmm...worry about that in the winter?). Overall, life is good...that's my message.

I know I'm just recounting my weekend as though I was writing some kind of log, on the web, but this is just what I was thinking about....and you know my 3 minute rule.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:01 PM

    About the putt putt...if we included penalty strokes, there would have been a clear winner. And I am all for including penalty strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:53 PM

    Just wondering why dad wasn't carrying the papoose.

    ReplyDelete