Friday, May 05, 2006

Murph's Hierarchy of needs


Level one - Physiological - I need to breathe, eat pizza, sleep, drink diet coke and regularly bathe.

Level two - Safety - I need to know that I will not be trapped in an enclosed space for prolonged period's of time. I need to know that there will be no line, ballroom or interpretive dancing, no prisoners threatening me with a shiv and at no point will Chuck Norris melon ball my trachea.

Level three - Love - I need Annie and the boys around me. I also need to know that at any time I could access the comedic stylings of Mr. Bob Saget

Level four - Esteem - I need to be secure in the knowledge that I'm the thinking man's Alec Baldwin.

Level five - Actualization - I need to feel like it's the right thing to do - spending 3 minutes writing a blog while on the company's dime.

4 comments:

  1. Your on the company's dime at 5:44 am? What time do you get off, right after your lunch break?

    ReplyDelete
  2. quick disclaimer - this is in no way the order that I would place them in if I was prioritizing them. Obviously, I'd start with Annie and not having Chuck Norris melon ball my trachea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maslow would be, um, proud. Yeah, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you say 'trachea' in sign language?

    ReplyDelete