Saturday, May 27, 2006

I can't believe I just saw that...



I slow down a little when I see an accident.
I rationalize it as a reminder of what could be. The reality is there's just something both cliche and true about looking at a car accident. You can't not. I do this with a lot of things...

If I were running into a mall to get my glasses fixed and saw a stage in the food court with some guy competing in an air guitar contest...I'd have to watch. I just would.

Someone tells me that Craig cut all his hair off...so I stop by his office to see.

I'm in my car in the middle of the day and Jim Rome is on the radio (he's the Jim J. Bullock of sports talk radio)...and I pause to listen. "Jason from the D, read your prepared statement while I make one comment 17 times in a row - rack 'em and out"

I'm flipping through the channels and see on the Jimmy Kimmel show a clip that young Dan Kalbach told me about earlier in the day...of what's his name -the gray haired fella - winning the world's greatest karaoke contest and then a crowd shot with David Hasselhoff crying. Brilliant!

Hasselhoff, car accidents, bad haircuts or Jim Rome - they all suck me into their black hole of - I can't believe I'm actually watching/hearing this... What is that all about?

4 comments:

  1. i was watching the western conf finals the other day and lo and behold, david hassehoff! in the stands! then dirk nowitzki in an interveiw after the game is moved that he came to watch him play! i guess michael knight is making his rounds, please, not south florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You listen to Jim Rome because he is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one can escape the pull of David Hasselhoff. No one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if by "awesome" you mean unimaginative, pedestrian, ploddingly slow of thought....I totally agree

    ReplyDelete