Monday, February 27, 2006

Someday...


Someday I'm going to publish all of my edited, deleted, saved and not yet posted, blog posts. It'll be when Annie's not around to stop me. It'll be right after someone slips a Mickey into my diet coke and I'm so drunk with power (and whatever is in a mickey...anyone know what a mickey actually is? Adam?) that I won't care.
I'll be uncensored.

I say things on occasion that are 100% correct and people look at me like I've kidnapped the Lindberg baby (if you're under 75 - "They'll look at me like I punched Reece Witherspoon in the ear") It doesn't matter if I'm right...there are just some things you shouldn't say.
Really?
The truth doesn't matter...it's about keeping up with appearances?
Yup

Oh...cool.

So, how about them Olympics?

My early prediction - 5 gold for the US
actual US golds - 9 (I forgot that snowboarding is a sport)
well done United States of America - God Bless the USA! Go Eagles! (are we the Eagles? Seems like we should be...)

how is shuffleboard on ice, with 50 year olds a sport?

and really? Softball and baseball aren't Olympic sports, but sliding down a mountain on your butt is a sport?
Yeah, they have to point their toes to be aerodynamic.
Ah...touché - game, set, match - you.

1 comment:

  1. THE "MICKEY FINN" INVENTED - In 1896, a terrible little man named Mickey Finn opened a bar here on South State Street called the Lone Star Saloon and Palm Garden Restaurant. It was the lowest and roughest of all the saloons on Whiskey Row. Only five-feet five inches tall and one hundred and forty pounds, Mickey ran a school for young pickpockets here in the saloon. The "garden" of the Palm Garden was a robbing den where his students picked pockets and rolled drunks. It included a scrawny little palm tree in a pot.
    One day, after he had been talking to a local Negro voodoo doctor, Mickey invented a knockout drink which he called the "Mickey Finn Special." The house girls were instructed to give it to the men they drank with. After the "Mickey Finn" put them to sleep, they took them out into one of the two small back rooms, stripped them of their clothes and money and threw them out into the back alley. The saloon was located on the west side of State Street, between Harrison and Congress, at the southern end of Whiskey row near Harrison.
    UPDATE - The police closed Mickey's saloon down on December 16, 1903. The term "Slip him a Mickey" is still used today.

    Research provided by Aunt Margaret Mary, the oasis of knowledge in the desert of ignorgance.

    ReplyDelete