Thursday, February 23, 2006

Random


Random is an over used word...I get that. So is awkward (by me), the expressions, "let's talk off line" and "at the end of the day" Having said that...I still love awkward moments. I appreciate random items...and we all have our little words or lines that we use.
Here are some random thoughts from me...basically an awkward guy at the end of the day...if we can talk off line.

I just read an article entitled "A book this good deserves a better reviewer" which might be the greatest title of any book review I've ever read.

High heels I don't get. I hear all the time, "you guys don't know how good you've got it...you don't have to wear these things"
"so why do you wear them?"
"um...because they push up my butt and slenderize my legs"
"so shut up about it"
A $400 pair of high heels looks exactly like a $17 pair to me...they're all the same...just different colors. That's all I have to say about that.

I don't understand how court reporters can type so fast. If their machine is so much faster, why aren't we all typing with those things?

I think I'd feel more manly if I had a gray highlighter marker to work with There's just something about fluorescent...

In the last month - I was asked to be a third banana on a radio show - to move to Charlotte - to move to Columbus - to speak in Alaska - I was told that we're going to have a girl - I had one of those amazing, potentially life changing conversations - the Steelers won one for the thumb - and I saw a lousy movie that I liked - Not a crazy month, but a little different than most...

If I went back in time, I wouldn't know how to make a lightbulb, a car, a computer, or an x-box. I just wouldn't be able to help those poor cavemen unless I went to the pre-wheel days...and then I would be their king!

2 comments:

  1. Captain Caaaaaaaaave Maaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

    Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, you would have been FIRST banana within 2 weeks, I'm sure.I can still make it happen.

    love, Aunt Margaret Mary

    aka "Banana-ette"

    ReplyDelete