Monday, February 20, 2006

checking the risk box


Living on purpose, full contact living, live like you mean it.... That sounds a lot better than, getting through the day, checking the box, or get home and become one with the couch.

I'd rather live my life doing stuff that stretched me. I'd rather move out of state, try something new and possibly fail, than play it safe and never really see big changes. I debated moves while I was living in Middletown about twice a year. I'd get a call from somewhere, think through the possibilities...and then not do them. I really felt like we were accomplishing some stuff in the home of the Middies.

Eventually, I got a call to go to Pennsylvania. This was more of a "go there now" than a "are you willing to consider" and it was hard. I'm still glad we went. We accomplished some things, made friends, lived in another state....and it was tough. I'm glad we did it.
We moved here because we thought it'd be a good stretch. We might someday move again. I just don't want to stick around because I think I can work the system. I definitely don't want to create an extensive list of "boundaries" that keep me from really stretching myself...and never take any real risks. I want to be stretched...I want to sacrifice...I want to see big changes...and not through other people alone. I want to be in the game.

1 comment:

  1. What's life without risk? Whatever risk you want to take, you should take it.

    ReplyDelete