Monday, January 16, 2006

a rose by any other name is a much better name...but who names their kid Rose?


I love my wife. My wife loves Oprah. I love Oprah?
never mind...
















Possible names for child number 3:

Trey (you know....cause he'll be number 3)
Grayson - kind of different....but we like it.
Oprah - good for a conversation starter.
Collin - I still love that name....but how unfunny is Collin Quinn? seriously...
Erin - always liked that name....if we ever have a girl.
Riley - another favorite.
Margaret Mary - with the obvious nickname of Peggy...because that's short for Margaret
Hayden - good name...but do you yell out, "Hey Hay!"
Keegan - my brother kind of ruined it when he named his dog that.
Jerome - ever see a lilly white Jerome? (get on the bus)
Brian - gotta put my brothers name on the list...like he's got a chance.
Wesley - Wes is a good name...Wesley is kind of a Star Wars chess set kindda guy.
Parker - Dave Parker anyone? The cobra?
Avery - Annie likes this one, but it reminds me of envelopes and mailing labels.
Willie - I like the name Will and know a Will with one L. Plus I can yell out Willie giving me an excuse to break out my Alf impersonation.
Paul - before today I thought this was a really common name...but do you know 3 Pauls?
Kendall - but then you're calling your daughter Ken...or Kenny



I know a guy named Micah Oder who had a grandfather named Ivin...that's brutal.

I love my name and feel a great deal of responsibility naming number three. We really liked the idea of "Fin" for Griffin...but it never really caught on. It was a name we both loved and was sort of an homage to someone we both love.

Cooper just kind of struck us as a fun name. We soon realized that we'd named our first two kids names that corresponded to two very famous OSU football players (Archie Griffin - greatest college player of all time - and coach Cooper, not the greatest coach of all time)

so

we're not naming the kid - Spielman, Cassady, Brutus, Byars, Skladany (my all time favorite Buckeye name) and definitely not naming the kid Bo.

Ultimately I want #3 to be referred to as -

"the person in our class who loves everybody" or "that guy who helps people" maybe even "There's something about him...he just cares for people no matter what"

...I guess that's probably more important than whether or not we name him Sean Michael or Michael Sean.

7 comments:

  1. What about "Optimus Prime?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our number two is a Grayson and it's working fine for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:01 PM

    I know I have no say, but you put the names out there, so I can't resist.

    Since no one calls Griffin Finn, why not revisit Finnegan or Finnbar?

    I still think Max Murphy is the coolest name around.

    Collin, Erin, Riley, Brian, Parker, Paul and Kendall are fine, although Erin is overused.

    I really dislike Grayson, Jerome, Willie, Avery and most of all Wesley.

    Okay, you didn't ask.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:48 AM

    What happened to Margaret Mary?
    Love, Aunt Margaret Mary (alias, sometimes, "Peggy")

    ReplyDelete
  5. max. you always said you wanted a max. or what about law. law murphy. or, if you want to be really postmodern- "smush."


    i would vote against margaret, but i have my reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Madge reference spence...

    ReplyDelete