Wednesday, January 18, 2006

perspective


whatever is true for you is true...because it's true for you.

It's truth. Pure. Simple.

If you believe it, someone can't say it's wrong - because to you...it's true.
"It doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you are sincere."

seriously?

Hitler? He really believed in his deal...so that was true?

Republicans are always right? They believe so.
Democrats are always right? They would argue that.
Ralph Nader is always right? come on...

It is a nice excuse to just kind of believe what you want to believe...so you're never wrong. I guess I can see why this incredibly illogical (I don't want to just come out and say it's stupid or idiotic...that's just mean) way of thinking would be embraced.
"WE'RE ALWAYS RIGHT!" "WE REALLY BELIEVE IT...SO THAT PROVES THAT IT'S TRUE!"
Hmmm....

Here are some things that I believe...

I believe that I live in better conditions than 95% of the world.
I don't have AIDS. I own a house. I have an incredible wife. I can walk. I have a job. I have a car. I never worry about where my next meal is coming from (let's see....Arby's? Wendy's? Chipotle!) I have amazing kids. I have a computer. I can see, hear, hold things without pain, stand up....

There are people who walk miles and miles to a job that will pay them pennies a day. I drive a 2000 Honda to a job that pays me enough to buy these sweet, sweet clothes I'm always decked out in.

There are people who worry about how to feed their kids. My oldest son has 43 varieties of food he can microwave or toast - at his disposal. My other son has a formula that he drinks that the doctors call "liquid gold" because it's so good...and so expensive.

I can't imagine a world where children are walking barefoot through a dump littered with needles...because they're scrounging for food. In Mexico there are too many to count. I'd show you pictures but the government won't allow cameras near the place...something about it being bad for tourism.
I worry sometimes that my kids will track mud on the carpet with their new shoes.

You hear about these folks who lose their ability to (fill in the blank) and they keep saying, "I just wish I could (fill in the blank) one last time.
Hold my kids.
Go for a run.
Stand up and take a shower.
Throw a ball.
See a sunset.
Laugh at Bob Saget.

I'm pretty good at losing sight of all I have in the midst of complaining about the few things I don't have...
maybe I should focus on those sorts of beliefs

No comments:

Post a Comment