Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Influence


I had one of those lunch meetings today.

I meet with this guy on occasion who really challenges my thinking. I think the biggest reason is that it's probably one of the few meetings I'll have this week where I'll think, "this guy is a whole lot wiser than me". That little ounce of humility that fleshes itself out in my life every eon or so allows me to learn a little...maybe even to grow a bit.
I wonder how different my life would be if I went into every meeting asking, "now what can I learn from this conversation?"

instead of, "what can I impress this guy with?"


Ah well...back to trying to impress people with my impressive vertical leap and shuffleboard skills...

1 comment:

  1. By the way, even though we also met this week, I won't take any offense to that "this is the only guy I'll meet with this week who is smart" comment. Nope, no offense taken at all.

    ReplyDelete