Tuesday, January 17, 2006

blank slate


I love color printers!
There, I said it.
I don't care who hears it.
Let me shout it from the rooftops, "I LOVE COLOR PRINTERS!"
I take this simple, 8 1/2 X 11, tree killing, blank slate...and I can make it say whatever I want.
I can print pictures of cute kids, Kid n' Play, Play Dough or Donuts.
I can write letters, notes, or inspirational quotes.
I can make maps, sudoku puzzles, business cards or signs.
Do you even remember the days of dot matrix? Those long streams of paper with tear away tabs on the sides? They were awful. But not today my friend. Today, I celebrate the full color, lazer printer! Yesterday was yours Dr. King, but today belongs to the HP Lazerjet 6400dn!
I've printed about 84 different documents today. Most of them in color. That's just how I roll. With the simple push of a button I can paint a picture. I take this boring, white paper and breathe new life into it. People will spend up to three minutes reading all of the information on this piece of paper...all because of my color printer. Can you imagine staring at a blank sheet of paper for three minutes?
Of course you can't...it was rhetorical...why would you answer that?

It'd be awesome to be able to just push a button and make people more colorful. You'd just hit "takes more risks" and your friend would finally start working on that book he talks about.

You could hit the "stops inadvertently insulting everyone" and I'd shut up.
"Loves people unconditionally" and they'd change the world...Certainly their world.

Following a God that wants to push your buttons...that'd be pretty cool. My God just tends to quietly whisper in my ear....
too bad I'm too busy shouting from the rooftops about my color printer...

No comments:

Post a Comment