Monday, September 26, 2005

Regrets...I've had a few



I know that we're supposed to "strain toward what is ahead...forgetting what is behind" - but a friend of mine asked me the other day what I was going to miss the most about State College. I've always said that it really doesn't matter where you live - it's more important who you surround yourself with. If you go to college and your roommate is a jerk...you won't like that college.....if your roommate is cool...you'll love it there. It's just true. Having said that, I'd also argue that in addition to friends - you'll want to surround yourself with one or two Chipotle's.
But I do have a few regrets about these past couple of years.
I regret not playing more racquetball and tennis.
I regret not being able to see Penn State have a decent football team.
I regret never having led a club with Dan Kalbach.
I regret paying $4 to watch Broken Flowers.
I regret doing the Trivia mixer in club my first year here (It will kill this year...I just know it)
I regret not seeing Allie do her first club talk.
I regret not video taping every single episode of "What Would Brad Pitt Do?" (WWBPD?)
I regret having to leave Calvary Baptist Church.
I regret having to leave some great friends, neighbors...and friends who are also neighbors.
I regret not having my basement fixed before I moved in.
I regret having to move Griffin 2 times in his first 4 years.
I regret the fact that Ed was cancelled.
-
and I'm going to look back upon these past couple of years fondly....it's not the weather, the basement...or even the lack of Chipotle....it's the people I'll miss.

2 comments:

  1. Please allow a stranger to raise a burrito to you-- here here. If there is no Chipotle near your next adventure perhaps you'll be near a Qdoba or Baja Fresh. Viva la burrito revelution, and best luck of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you crazy, man, there is a Chipotle not 5 minutes away from where you will be working.

    ReplyDelete