Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bob Denver, 1935-2005


No one can look cool raising the roof, we've established that...but did you know that no one can look cool while playing the air guitar?
It's true.
It's like the two things can't mutually coexist. It's like saying, "I'm really full and boy am I hungry." or "That wallpaper was really expensive, but boy was it cheap" or "man do I love great movies, and my favorite movie of all time is Little Nicky."
-
You can get away with air drums...or just kind of drumming on the nearest surface...but that's where it's gotta stop. I'm not even going to talk about air keyboards. It's just silly.
-
I would be remiss to not comment on the passing of one of our great actors. Bob Denver, who portrayed the popular character Maynard G. Krebs on "The Adventures of Dobie Gillis" is sadly no longer with us. (he also is somewhat known for his part on that show with the castaways on an island...Gilligan's something or other) The depth of a Keanu, the subtlety of a Pacino or a Nicholas Cage, and the dedication to a role of a David Caruso. Bob (or B.D. as I always called him) could do it all. Goofy, kind of dumb guys. Silly, can't take them serious guys. Oddball, not so smart guys. You name it and he had it in is repertoire.
We'll miss you Bob...
We've lost a valuable commodity in the "Great Actors" stock exchange today...

No comments:

Post a Comment