Monday, September 05, 2005

Picnic is kind of a funny word, huh?


I'm headed to a picnic this morning. I have sort of a mixed history with these.
-
If it's nice out...there's a pretty decent chance that I'll have fun. If it's not...it's almost 100% that I won't. If it's nice and fun people are there...there's a pretty decent chance I'll have fun. If not....almost 100% that I won't.
-
So I'm hoping for good weather and good people at this picnic. Now if it's nice out and there are good people there...I'm hoping that those good people will be in a good mood. If not...almost 100% chance that I won't have fun.
This is a lot to consider.
The odds are clearly not with me.
So why take the chance?
I'd argue that it's worth a shot - to play sand volleyball, eat hot dogs off the grill, hang out and laugh with friends & maybe even meet some new folks.
-
Otherwise I'd be a hermit hiding in my house because of all the potentially bad things that could happen.
And who wants to live like that?
Life is pretty lifeless without risk...
Then again, what if they don't have mustard for the hotdogs?
...better bring my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment