Sunday, September 11, 2005

I'm sortta ready for some football




The NFL season starts for me today. The Steelers and the Titans are playing at 1 o'clock, and what could be better than that?
I'll tell you what.
Sitting in a conference room with 15 people and having a meeting for three hours. We'll have some sort of introduction time, discuss previous meetings, dates for future meetings...and then basically not watch the Steeler's game. This is the same Steelers team that was 16-2 last year. This is the team that has the rookie of the year at quarterback. They have the future rookie of the year at tight end. They have a wide receiver that plays like a linebacker. They have four Lombardi trophy's. They have a coach with the best jaw in all of sports.
I'll be talking about budgets.
It's been a long, frustrating summer without professional football. All I've seen is really bad college football. I did see a great football game last night...that was also an incredibly frustrating loss, and a couple of high school games. When I hear Hank Williams Jr. ask, "Are you ready for football?" I'm tempted to throw something at him. (everywhere we go, "Are you ready for some football?" "yes, Hank...now would you just let me eat my dinner") I'm clearly ready for some football.
I'm clearly not going to watch any today.
But the bottom line is, I'm going to go to a meeting with folks who want to share incredible news with High School students. Way bigger news than the Steelers winning the Super Bowl. (this is even more newsworthy than the Bengals winning 7 or 8 games)
When it comes down to it...I'd rather spend my days with folks who want to tell people that they're loved...and there is actually a purpose to all this...
maybe that's even a bigger deal than the Steelers playing the Titans?
(and beating them 31-13, you heard it here first)

No comments:

Post a Comment