Thursday, September 15, 2005

distractions


On occasion I'll have to drive somewhere and so I'll turn on my radio. Now, I have a radio at home...but I rarely play it. And I probably play it in the car because I don't have a TV in there...plus that's probably illegal...at least to have one in front of your windshield. Anyhow, what's strange about me is how often I'll get to wherever I'm going...and just kind of park and listen to the radio.
The thing is - the whole reason I got in the car in the first place was to get to where I now am parked. The radio was just a distraction....something to pass the time while I was driving to my destination.
But the distraction becomes more important than the destination.
It's hard to stay focused...to "keep your eye on the prize"
I think Peter struggled with this when he got out of the boat...he was focused on Jesus...walking on water...and then he lost his focus...he was distracted....he started to sink.
That's what happens when we're distracted....we start to sink.
Today, I'd like to focus more. Today, I'd like to do the things that are most important. Today, I'd like to not get caught up in the petty little distractions that bring me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment