Saturday, September 03, 2005

Huh?


I always look for a church with good music. It's important to me because it's important to other people. You see, I'd like to go to a church that I love to bring people to...and if people like music, then music better be good at my church. That makes sense, right? Sure it does.
-
The thing is, I'm more AM than FM. This is a tough town for that...because there are 7 AM stations that I can get on my car radio and 6 of them will be airing the same show (and it's usually Penn State girls cross country - "And there goes another skinny white girl who looks like she's about to pass out...and here comes a skinny white girl who isn't quite as fast as the aforementioned skinny white girl who still has not yet passed out!")
-
Where was I?
Oh...the church thing. So my church (I don't actually own it...if I did, the seats would have cup holders...not really the point though) my church has good music. The only thing is that every once in a while something a little unusual happens (like the words to the song we're singing are actually on the screen) - You know how sometimes the person leading the song will belt out the next line before anyone else? You're singing Duke of Earl (again - at the church that I would own) and you're in the "...nothing can stop the Duke of Earl" part - and the guy yells out "come on! Duke, Duke" and then the Duke Duke part starts....he's just reminding you? Leading you? Making sure the power point of the song is keeping up?
Doesn't matter....
So I'm at the church...and we're singing some song (God is cool? not really sure what song) and the chorus pops up (actually I have no idea if it was the chorus...) but the words were "There is no God like Jehovah" and really, who am I to argue that?
The odd thing was the song leader guy yelled out half the line before it started....and he did it a little earlier than usual so there was an extra long non-singing space after he yelled out "There is no God!" and this is when I realized that nobody really pays attention.
Because nobody even blinked.
I'm looking around....thinking, "Did he just yell out IN CHURCH that there is no God?" then I thought, "yup" then "that's kind of weird, huh?" then I was thinking "yup" then "but hilarious".
Maybe my church has changed some of our Statements of Faith....and if so, why wasn't I in on the decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment