Friday, September 02, 2005

looking for a rainbow


So the basement flooded again. It gets worse each time. We have two futons, two chairs, a foosball table, bumper pool table, treadmill, 3 couches and a life sized cardboard cutout of Jerome Bettis down there. That's a lot of stuff to ruin.
-
Floods stink. Literally. They also do something to my allergies that isn't very nice. I'll be able to experience that stink up close and personally as I move the furniture and try and rip up the glued to the floor carpeting and pad. The problem is...I have 3 hours of meaningless paperwork I have to do...after my breakfast meeting and 9 o'clock doctors appointment....but before my meeting at noon...and the one at 2...and football practice at 3:30....and my meeting at 5 that I'm leaving practice early to get to....which will go straight to the football game at 7.
-
So it feels a little like my basement is going to stay wet another day. Oh sure, I'm moving the furniture away from the wetness...and I've got the dehumidifier and fans going....BUT THIS STINKS!!! (again, literally)
-
What could be worse that that?
-
I guess maybe if instead of the floor being soaked - it could be 5 feet under water. I guess instead of a bad smell, I could worry about people breaking into my place of business and taking whatever they want. And that whole "bands of armed thugs" that are making a name for themselves in New Orleans right now. Floods stink...period.

No comments:

Post a Comment