Friday, September 16, 2005

absolutely...


Rene Zelwigger and Kenny Chesney are getting divorced after 4 beautiful months of matrimony. They just don't love each other any more. Lots of people do that....they don't love anymore. It's as if the commitment they made to one another wasn't a commitment at all. It's just a feeling they had...and as soon as that feeling fades a bit...it's over. I'm not sure that commitment really fits this definition. Clearly "til death do us part" means nothing. It's just something they say. "Til we decide that we're going to stop loving each other"
"Til it becomes obvious that I'm more important than you...and why bother"
"Til I get bored or find someone better"
"because love is just a feeling, not something you actively do"
-
I hear this "well, as long as it's right for you" kind of babble every once in a while. And sometimes I hear it from people who know how to read, tie their shoes and drive a car by themselves.
"There is no right or wrong...only what's right or wrong for you"
I think murder is wrong! But if I bought into this nebulous, whatever kind of works for you idea....I guess that if I thought it was o.k. to kill people that I thought were stupid, or mean, or just annoying....under their way of thinking, I guess they'd say that it was fine for me to act on that?
It's just a dumb way of thinking. IT'S WRONG. (people hate it when you say something is wrong...it implies that there is a right and a wrong way of doing things)
But I can see the appeal of that. If I buy into this philosophy...I can, theoretically, live the rest of my life any way that I want.
"It might not be right for you to steal that money, but I need it more than they do...so in my mind, it's the right thing to do." You can see how living that way would be appealing.
and dumb...

No comments:

Post a Comment