Friday, March 17, 2006

Beans


The name "Cornhole" still seems a little too naughty to me. I call the game beans - that's just how I roll.

Having said that - I love it. We had two sets in our yard in State College (I still think that's the goofiest name of a city that I'll ever live in...and I lived in Blue Ball for a few years)

You'd think that I'd be pretty good. Not so much. Charlie Matthews and I teamed up to finish third or fourth in our office cornhole tournament (your tithe dollars at work) We made it to the final four and then were whipped out...and by an IT guy partnered with an artist guy - how is that even possible?

Charlie was lights out. He hit the board every time. Me, not as much. I was a little more creative about where I'd throw my bean bags.

I will take credit for our team name "Stop asking us out, we're married" I also named another team "the Cher Holders" (kind of an inside thing)

I also had some backup names:

-The corn dawgs

-Don't ask, don't tell

-The Bob Saget Fan Club


-artificial insemination

-Genesis 27:11

-We were never here

-Charlie and the Vanilla Factory

-No Soup for you

-CrossRoads Community Church

-Small things thrown with great love

-Jesus love us....more

-The fifth spiritual law

I need to spend more time practicing and less time writing team names...

5 comments:

  1. We need pictures... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved to Blue Ball when I became a Christian. I hate it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:59 PM

    nice comment steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - I was quite proud. :)

    ReplyDelete