Thursday, March 23, 2006

103.8


I came home last night to a 5 year old with a 103.8 temperature. Annie had just given him some Tylenol, he was lying down with a wet towel on his head, and he just looked sad.

There's always a panic with a sick kid, but it gets heightened when you also have a pregnant wife and a baby around. So we call the doctor. They call us back. At that point his temperature is down to 101, but they say we should take him into the emergency room to make sure he's not dehydrated.

So....Annie wants to take him and I want to take him. She really needs to be there...and I stay home with Coop. She arrives just behind two ambulances. Usually that means you won't be first. They were there awhile. Eventually they see Grif...and his temperature is down to 98.8.

"so you brought him in because his temperature was .2 degrees high?"

"no, you should have seen him earlier...."

turns out he has strep throat. I think that means I have strep throat and just don't know it yet. You can get contaminated by close contact, and I was thinking as I was lifting him out of his soaking wet bed (because he threw up and didn't have the energy to get out of it) and was carrying him to the bathroom, "I think this is close contact"

please pray for Grif...and Annie, Coop and the baby

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 AM

    Oh I am sorry! Being sick is no fun. I'll pray that everyone stays very healthy in your household. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Murph..so sorry. That is awful. Hate being sick!

    ReplyDelete