Monday, August 14, 2006

Vacation really begins


I'm off to Bellwood Country Club to play some golf with some fellas. I'm in a group with my former boss, my friend (and the fella that followed me on staff in Middletown) and my old roommate Mr. Rick Scherr.

I really don't like golf that much. This is about the only way I'll play anymore. It's just kind of slow and doesn't really rank as a sport to me (falls into that -can it be a sport if you wear long pants? category). I like playing with Rick because he can get us onto the course any 'ol time, he can shoot a 70 and not care, and he's good people.

This really begins my official vacation. I was off on Saturday, but spent a few hours at a "conference" and then went back to my place of employment a few hours later. Sunday just felt like an incredibly lazy Sunday...but today is all about vacation.

We still haven't nailed down our plans for the week, but we do know that Friday is for fun (Monday is for Mulligans, Tuesday for touring the Children's museum, Wednesday is for ....um....weed pulling, Thursday is for thoroughly enjoying the zoo...)

My vote for the Leadership Summit
MVP - Wayne Cordiero
Rookie of the Year - James Meeks
Most Likely to Succeed - Jim Collins
Most Talented - Greg Ferguson
Biggest Flirt - Peg Neuhauser
Best Mustache - Ashish Nanda
Best Biceps - Nicole C. Mullen
Best Brogue - Bono
Best Penmanship - Bill Hybels

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:47 PM

    Ummm... I beg to differ. Best Flirt should absolutely go to Nancy Beech.

    ReplyDelete