Saturday, August 12, 2006

get rich quick


We just bought two bottles of spices for $28. Our neighbor was hosting one of those shows where you sample food...and then buy the ingredients.

I have no problem with pyramid schemes. I don't mind when people are selling stuff out of their homes. I've personally never been to a pampered, Mary K, spices party - but I've been in the vicinity.

I really don't mind that people are having them. It just feels like this awkward deal where somebody asks you to host a party...maybe you send the invites - or maybe they're done for you...either way there's this pressure to fill a room. You don't want to say, "I'm so sorry, I bugged them all week and I thought more would show up" The spices we bought (some sort of garlic and fake bacon) look like the kind of bottle that you could get at Odd Lots for $1.50. This has a nicer label, but $28?

It was the cheapest way out. You have to buy something...it's the law.

I want to start having bic pen parties. If a few of you wouldn't mind hosting, I'll just need you to provide some snacks, invite your friends, and give me about twenty minutes to explain why my pens are the best pens out there. These pens will be the next big thing. These pens will make your $1,200 computer obsolete. You'll be in awe once you find out these pens that save you $1,200 only cost $60 per pen. That's a mere 5% of the cost of a computer!

You're friends are going to thank you for inviting them. Just let me know when I should be there (and remember that you get a coupon for 25% off your pen just for hosting!)

2 comments:

  1. My wife got invited to a "Passion" party by someone in our neighbothood. I'm guessing they didn't get the email that she's a pastors wife. Let's just say they ain't selling anything from, Louie Giglio, David Crowder, or Chris Tomlin.

    Wow, who would sit around a room of your friends & neighbors, and announce which sex toys you plan to purchase? I guess I've become the old prude guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what did she get?

    ReplyDelete