Sunday, August 27, 2006

firefox


If I use firefox, I can't read Fuller's blog...if I use firefox, I can't use our staff website. If I use firefox, I can't right click on yahoo mail and cut and paste. When I tried to see something on this blog (on firefox) I didn't have the last four posts...they're just gone, missing, nada....

So why do so many people love firefox? A friend of mine recently told me that 30% of the explorer users have switched to firefox. I have both on my computer...but I'm thinking of getting rid of one of them.

5 comments:

  1. I use the Firefox. I can read fuller's blog on my laptop, but not from my PC. I also noticed the janked up issue of not loading the "new" pages from bookmarks unless you physically refresh everyday. That's just no fun.

    The biggest support for Firefox, from what I understand, is that its more secure from hacks and program installs, whereas IE is a cornicopia of vulnerabilities associated with it.

    I like Firefox overall though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the fox. i have none of those problems you list. i think its because i live in seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use firefox and like it better than explorer. i have problems with about 2 sites but that's not a huge deal to me. they say its safer and i never get pop-ups so i'm gonna stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Firefox should work with the new vineyard website. We tested it during development so it would be compatible. I think it is your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're probably right about my computer...it's just on certain forms (the communications request form for one) it won't allow me to fill in certain blanks. More than likely it's something I've done gone terribly wrong...

    ReplyDelete