Friday, August 18, 2006

Proud to be an Ohioan


I am officially licensed to drive in the state of Ohio. Ask me anything about driving in this state...how far do I have to stop in front of a stopped school bus? What should I do at a stop sign? How long do I have to go to jail after I get caught drinking and driving? I know them all.

If I had a scanner, I'd show you my new license. I hadn't showered and was wearing a hat on the way to the DMV...so I have that going for me. The weird thing about my experience was that they had me take the eye test with my glasses on...and then after I passed the test, they gave me a license that restricts me to only driving with my glasses on. You'd think they make me take them off and take the test before they restricted me.

I might have superhuman eyesight, but just want to have that studious - I just came from solving a major crisis, but really I'm just wearing these glasses to look smart - kind of thing going. Maybe they're to hide my secret identity. They don't know.

The long and short of it is that I have to wear glasses to drive anywhere. I'm just proud to be a registered driver/voter in this fine city.

4 comments:

  1. I just got my driver's license for the state of California. They made me take the written driver's test! I haven't done that in 15 years!! By the way, the legal blood alcohol limit here in Cali is .08, not .1. Just an FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, and haley joel from the sixth sense was caught driving at twice that blood alcohol level (well, the mailbox caught his car, but that's another thing...). i think i'd see dead people too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Ah, Ohio, the New Jersey of the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're talking about God's Country...

    ReplyDelete