Monday, July 20, 2009

This is only a test

I want you to do me a favor.  Think about all the people you know that use one or more initials in their name.

For instance - I go by Sean Michael Murphy - some call me Sean, Sean Michael or Murph.  No initials.

Jim J. Bullock uses one initial.  Michael J. Fox does the same.

A.J. Burnett uses two.  I can't think of anyone that uses three.

Here's my theory.  87% (or higher) of the people you know that use an initial, have a J initial in their name.

Mathematically, your greatly increasing the odds of your child going by an initial if you give them a J name of any sort.

Now, keep in mind that I'm not saying there is an 87% chance you'll go by an inital if you have a J in your name (like this guy or this guy) I'm just saying that J's lend themselve to the ultimate abbreviation.

You do the math...

3 comments:

  1. what a load of bunk.

    sincerely,
    David J. Rudd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric Lies12:01 PM

    J.R.R. Tolkein= a J and 3 initials in one name. But I'm not sure if it counts because he was born in the 1800's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through a stretch where I tried to become Steven J. Fuller. Signed all my stuff that way. Even changed my signature to include the "J." Then I realized I was being a douche.

    Ummm...and my word verification is "killin."

    ReplyDelete