Thursday, July 23, 2009

Date night

Parker and I took in Ice Age 3-D last night at the Rave.  It's the first time I've taken Parker to a Rave and it didn't start out so smoothly.
 
She said, "I want to go home daddy" about 14 seconds into us walking to our seats.  She sat through the 17 previews with her 3 dimensional glasses on and both hands over her ears.
I reasoned with her that leaving before the movie started would be a waste of our $20.  She countered with, "but I wanna go home" to which I explained that money was like lollipops and if we left before we opened the wrapper, it was like someone punching Santa in the larnyx.
 
I've been biting my nails and have been chomping at the bit to find out what happened to those crazy pre-historic animals since Ice Age 2.  Would you believe (spoiler alert ahead) they've continued to get themselves into the craziest situations?
 
It's true.  Parker and I made it through the movie, had dinner provided by the nation's most popular Scottish restaurant and celebrated a great date night - father/daughter style.  Also true...

1 comment:

  1. too cute! clearly, you are a great dad! : )

    ReplyDelete