Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Robbie


I get to meet with someone tomorrow who I've admired from a great distance for well over a decade.  It's kind of sad, but I met his brother about a year ago and didn't have the guts to ask if he was still alive (very confusing...wasn't sure how to write that last sentence...I met Lyman and didn't have the guts to ask if Robert was still with us)

Anyhow, I'm going to Indiana tomorrow to visit with Robert E. Coleman.  If I had a top ten books list, he'd have my number three book of all time.  I'm saying three because I'm legally obligated to put the Bible at #1 (and it's actually a pretty solid read if you get a chance) and I'm guessing there is probably a second book in there too - before The Master Plan of Evangelism.
 
I know that Evangelism isn't a fun topic for most, and we have given up on the word and the concept long ago.  It's just easier that way, right?  The bottom line is this book should more honestly be named The Master Plan of Discipleship (except he wrote that one too...and it's not nearly as good...but what do I know?).
 
Anyhow, all Robert did was detail how Jesus lived his life among people.  He had his people and they had their people, and so on and so on... and there were apparently a lot of people involved.  All his chapters end with "..ion" like chapter 4 - Impartation...or 5 - Demonstration...but no "desecration"...
and how can you not like a book with a chapter rhythm?
 
If you get a chance, give it a read...it's really a great one.  And I'll tell him you say hi...

No comments:

Post a Comment