Thursday, September 27, 2007

wearing a flak vest and my khakis


There's a guy (look at me assuming it's a guy - I'm sort of a sexist that way) driving around the mean streets of West Chester shooting up houses.

There was a news crew across the street from our house two days ago and we couldn't figure out why. It turns out that someone drove down a street near hear and fired a couple of shots into a house with a high powered rifle. I immediately wondered if there was any such thing as a low powered rifle?

Anyhow, the next day he drove down Steeplechase Way (home of the Murphy's, and the letter Y) and shot into the house across the street from us - and two down....you know, the one next to the park where our kids play.

I have this huge bulls eye that I used for a work event about a month ago and wondered aloud about putting it on the side of my house. I thought that maybe that would comfort the neighbors knowing that we'd take one for the team, but nobody so far has thought that was a very good idea.

It's hard to describe what it's like living on the mean streets of the Dub C - this is just a way of life for us. Drive by's and corn hole games - it's just how we do yo...

9 comments:

  1. It was just Ben, Brad, and I trying to scare you back to Pennsylvania.

    Didn't mean to frighten the kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty soon you're going to have to take refuge down in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wasn't me. all my assault rifles are medium powered. except my howitzer, which is crazy super awesome powered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:58 PM

    time to move to a cul de sac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:12 PM

    huh huh... sac

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could anything bad ever happen in the 'Burbs? I don't believe it. Were the bullets made of sugar and spice and everything nice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. enter comment not related to post whatsoever:

    True/False Younglife in the West is weird and sucks.


    Ben told me YL is weird out here, but an area director just contacted me. I need your opinion oh wise SMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped for gas there yesterday morning on my way to Dayton and I gotta say I was a little bit scared for my life.

    I know the sign says not to get back in your car while the pump is running, but laying across the backseat for cover was my only option.

    How do you do it, Murphy? How do you protect yourself in the big, bad burbs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAH,
    It just depends. A friend of mind is an area director out in Colorado, and I'd volunteer for him. You just never know what an area is like until you're there. It's probably worth a conversation...who knows?
    murph

    ReplyDelete