Tuesday, September 04, 2007

why can't we all just get along?


I know speakerphones are annoying, but I just love the heck out of 'em. If they were a tv sitcom dad, they'd be Saget. If they were a lovable cousin that eventually dooms your show to eventual cancellation, followed years later by campish movies about two families become much more than a bunch...they'd be Oliver.

Because I love using the speakerphone so much, I try to look past others using them on me. I fight the urge to ask in that annoying, "did I do that" - Urkel voice, "am I on speakerphone?"
I just move on and try to understand what they're saying.
I've never been that great at empathy. I tried to walk a mile in their shoes, but I'm not really in good enough shape to walk a mile in my own shoes. I get these pains in my calves and I....never mind.

So today I will continue to honor the people who put me on speakerphone. I love it on my end, so why not allow them the same pleasure. It just makes sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment