Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm just not sure...


I've read several times about the PGA golfers being frustrated with the end of the year playoffs - and the prize money. I don't totally understand the new system, but I'm pretty sure they play in four tournaments at the end of the year - all of them optional.


If they win, or make the cut in those tournaments....they win money. Real money they get to spend on planes, cars, houses, trendy sunglases, etc. If they win a couple of those tournaments and get enough points, they win the whole things - and 10 million dollars in twenty years.


That's part of what they're complaining about. There were several big names complaining that the money wouldn't come to them for twenty years.


Last year there was only the money you won from the tournaments. This year if you win two of the last four tournaments of the year (which Tiger did) you'll take home several million dollars....just like he would have last year. The only difference is that he gets an extra trophy - and a surprise check for ten million dollars when he's 50.


So the only real thing the PGA has done is given out an extra trophy this year, along with a promise of a ridiculous amount of money they're giving out on top of all the money they've already won....in twenty years.


They're giving them more. More is better. At worst - if the PGA goes bankrupt and never gives them the money - they still won all the money they would have won from the tournaments - just like always. Tiger won $1.26 million for the last tournament alone. NOTHING CHANGES EXCEPT YOU GET MORE LATER!


Do I have this wrong? I actually haven't really kept up on it - so there's a great chance I'm missing something...but I don't think so.


ah well....kids...


In a related story - that fantasy football draft that I missed because I was off working....remember, they gave me a painfully bad team? Well, I'm 2-0.


I don't get that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment