Friday, September 07, 2007

oops

I had the #1 pick in the draft this year. I was given that randomly...and I "picked" Edgerin James. He would have been an obvious #1 pick to anyone - four years ago.

I then went on to pick 5 Steelers and a couple of former Steelers. Now keep in mind - the Steelers have won five more Super Bowl Trophies than any other team within 30 minutes of my house...but they're a ground it out and play defense kind of team. They're not a put up huge stats and end up with a mediocre to awful record year after year kind of team.

Sadly, I had to speak at an event on Friday night when they had the draft.

Some leagues take a list of players in the order they're ranked and just take the next available player for someone who misses the draft. That's not what my league did.

So it looks like I'll be starting:
Big Ben
Hines
Santonio
oh no...they didn't pick Willie for me, so I'll start Deuce McAlister and Edge

life goes on...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:52 AM

    I have Big Ben in my league also - as my 3rd QB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof. Sorry, man. I'm surprised they didn't hook you up with Mark Rypien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. literally that entire post was like reading GREEK to me!

    ReplyDelete