Tuesday, September 26, 2006

two for Tuesday


I get to be at work from 8:30 until 9:30 tonight!

Actually I'll be working until 5 and volunteering until 9:30...so I guess that's different. It's awkward when you volunteer at the same place that you work. It's hard to draw a line between, I've been working for way too long....and, I want to volunteer here just like I'm encouraging others to do...

I believe in this place (for the most part) and want to see more great things happen. I'd love to be a part in feeding over 1000 families a month. I love that we get glasses to people who can't afford them. It's fun for me that prisoners head straight from their cells to our doors to get help starting over. I get to see people drive away in cars that we helped them get...to jobs that we helped them find.

I also see people walk in who are struggling with depression, divorce, sickness and are just emotionally on edge...and I know that we're working hard to help in any way we can.

I was talking to a guy the other day and he told me that he stopped to help someone who had run out of gas. He drove to the nearest gas station and asked if he could borrow a gas can to help someone out. They told him no, but he could buy one. He ended up buying the can and the gas and then the gas station employee asked if he went to the Vineyard. "Yeah, how'd you know?" "Because you guys are always helping people"
True story

Kind of cool...and I get to be a very small part of that.

nice...even when I feel like I'm living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment