Wednesday, September 13, 2006

a day in the life...

woke up, fell out of bed...dragged a comb across my head

I thought I'd document today and see what I'd learn about my world. One thing I learned is that people treat someone carrying a camera very much like someone carrying a gun. They tend to duck...


They also ask the same kinds of questions you might ask someone walking around the office carrying a gun, "what are you doing with that?" "why do you have that?" "why are you pointing that at me?" "don't point that at me!"

I arrived at work at 8:3o - I like to get there a little early, but I was stuck behind a train. To be honest though...this is what our parking lot looked like-

You should see it on Mondays and Fridays...

So I walk into the office building - and am greeted by Carolyn who might be the nicest gal this side of Wheeling, WV.

Then I was off to my little world of laptops and scattered papers

Soon our Communications Director Paul stopped by and I could tell by his non-verbal communication that he felt like someone made him sit through a double header baseball game while small children pelted him with salted peanuts and the jumbo tron fell on his head.

poor little fella...

and then it was off to Staff prayer (or was that before Paul stopped by?) You must be sitting on the edge of your seat thinking to yourself, "I wonder when it was?" or "this feels like the time my friend decided to start scrapbooking and then made me look at all of their pages of pictures of people I don't know with little captions that aren't that interesting")

I ran into Alton, the new H.S. ministry guy who might very well be the new "fun guy" that you want to hang out with and ask to tell the rest of the group that great story about....it almost doesn't matter with someone who tells a great story.

Here he is being pulled by married Ashley and engaged Jen....awkward...

And here is Ashley and her boss Evan. He seems to have been working out lately...

but it feels a little like she's making fun of his biceps, "my husband could so take you and your tatoo embossed biceps Evan!"

So I went to some meetings, talked on the phone, wrote some stuff, and walked around a bit...and then I came home to Coop, who has the croup (I didn't know what that meant either)



he'll be good in a few days...in the meantime, he's the coolest cat I know...


6 comments:

  1. Ole Coop looks like a member of the Irish Brigade there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:08 PM

    looks like a tough job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:24 AM

    you guys hiring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. constantly...but they get hundreds of applicants for every single posting. 800 people applied for one of the positions recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:19 PM

    So how'd you get the job? ;)

    ReplyDelete