Monday, September 11, 2006

Terrible towel?


Given a choice, most people would choose to have their favorite teams do better than their fantasy teams.

I'd rather the Pittsburgh Steelers win another Super Bowl (one for the thumb...on the second hand) than win my fantasy football league.

I have absolutely nothing to do with the Steelers winning any games. I sit and wave my terrible towel (what's that about anyway?) and hope they win. I have a whole lot to do with how my fantasy football team does.

I pick the players. I make the trades. I decide who starts and who sits. (and I didn't start Donovan McNabb yesterday) I have a big say in how my team does...but I'm still a lot more concerned with how the team that I have no control over does.

I do the same thing in life. I control how I act, react, live, serve, sit silently, take a stand...and yet I'm often way more concerned with the people around me and how they live.

I can't change that...but I can change my decisions...

Maybe there's something to that?

8 comments:

  1. Nah...I just think you're nervous because the Bengals went into KC and dominated the Chiefs.

    Oh, and when the Steelers don't win this year, I have a suggestion with what to do with that thumb.

    WHO DEY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you please just not say who dey? i mean seriously...
    who dey? how can that be cool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:22 PM

    who dey think sounds even a little aweSOME saying that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep waiting for the outcry against Robert Geathers and his cheap shot against Trent Green the other day.
    Seems like there were a lot of people crying about their quarterback going down last year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:47 PM

    It was not a cheap hit. As you can clearly see on the replays, Geathers was already in the air when Green started his slide. He was also helped out by the Chiefs player who blocked him into Green.

    I can also say that as the biggest Bengal fan I know, I also did not think the hit on Palmer in the play-offs was cheap. It is football and players do get hit and hurt.

    It killed me to see him go down, but ask any of the Steelers fans I know about my reaction to it last year and they can attest that I never questioned the hit and went out of my way to tell other Bengals fans that it was not a cheap hit and to quit making excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:11 PM

    who dey.

    who dey.

    who dey think a gonna beat them bengals

    where do they play? in the jungle

    i say noooooooobody.

    ReplyDelete
  7. everytime I hear one of my friends say, "Who Dey" I'm stuck wondering if I should say something.

    You know when your friend has a booger hanging out...and you've just got to tell them before others see it. It's sort of like that...

    This is a little different in that it more like your friend is going out wearing tight rolled jeans and sporting a mullet. In their minds it's not like they have a booger hanging out...they just like to have this particular look...and they don't think they look that bad....they just don't get it.

    Everytime I hear that, I die a little inside...and I'm convinced that a puppy cries somewhere

    ReplyDelete