Thursday, September 28, 2006

things I'd rather


I'd rather live in Ohio than Boston...it's true, Ohio is kind of vanilla - but have you ever talked to people who've lived in Boston? They talk about how warm and inviting and non-racist everyone is....no wait, that's not it....what do they say? Doesn't matter - I'd rather live in Ohio.

I'd rather watch football than baseball, and good college wrestling than football.

I'd rather read fiction than non-fiction.

I'd rather watch a comedy than a drama, even thought most comedies are awful and many of my top ten movies are dramas.

I'd rather eat at a fast food restaurant than an expensive one.

I'd rather take a bath than take a shower.

I'd rather not have any bumperstickers on my car.

I'd rather eat steak than chicken...but I can't.

I'd rather read Fuller's blog than the newspaper.

I'd rather talk with friends while hanging out than go to some sort of event where I can't hang out and talk with friends.

I'd rather play racquetball than golf.

I'd rather spend an hour getting kicked in the elbow than mow my lawn.

I'd rather learn to ride a unicycle than learn to line dance.

I'd rather listen to Dennis Miller's Off White Album than just about any music cd.

I'd rather get beat playing ping pong than win playing air hockey.

I'd rather stay with my family than go to this conference for three days.

I'd rather have this job that makes me go to conferences than work somewhere that isn't actively feeding, counseling, equipping and caring for so many people every day.

I'd rather be fishing....is something you'll never hear me say....or see on a bumpersticker on my car.

2 comments:

  1. We'll work on that ping pong/air hockey thing...I think it's do-able...

    By the way...YOU didn't use MY professional PP paddle last night did you? It has "Sean-sweat" on it.

    I'm hiding it while we're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard good things about your Alpha talk. That place you love so much should put you on the main stage.

    ReplyDelete