Wednesday, April 26, 2006

water to whine


"He took the ceremonial water used for cleansing..."
You mean the foot washin' water? The water they'd clean your feet with?
and he turned it into wine?
yup

it says here that it was the "best wine"
yup

So he took this nasty water...and turned it into the best stuff?
yup

He can do that with water?
yup

is that all?
nope

What else can He do that with?
Just name it...

It's odd to me that the story of Christianity isn't followers of Jesus becoming better, it's the reality of an eternity spent absent of God - and in an instant being faced with the reality of an eternity spent with God. I tend to focus on the superficials - don't do these kinds of things, do these kinds of things - and I forget the radical impact of following Him. It's not really about cussing, and complaining, and doing stuff that may or may not be great...it's just following Him.

It's interesting that He takes what's pretty nasty and makes it incredibly pleasing to others. I tend to mask that with my whining about the little stuff that doesn't ultimately matter. I quickly become the spoiled kid who takes for granted that daddy is going to buy me a car, pay my insurance and my tuition...and he'd better get me something nice for Christmas...and send me fifty bucks, I'm going broke here!

sometimes I forget what He's done

this water isn't that bad...it actually tastes kind of good

No comments:

Post a Comment