Thursday, April 13, 2006

riding in the Dub C


I just spotted a riding lawn mower in my neighborhood.

I'm as lazy as the next guy (assuming Steve Fuller's not the next guy) but riding around on an eighth of an acre seems a little silly.

I think they should probably ask for some sort of blueprint of your lawn before they sell you a riding mower. If it's less than half an acre, you're stuck with a push mower. If it's less than an eighth of an acre, they give you one without the automatic wheels. Less than 1/16th of an acre = a large pair of scissors.

Just my thoughts.

I'm sort of excited about the possibility of riding in a golf cart this weekend. I won't be playing golf, but I'll be scooting around like a golfer. Our church has these golf carts to give folks a ride if they have to park really far away. I was asked to drive one around and the excitement isn't really in helping to serve people so much as it is to drive one of these things.

I have a car that will go over 100, but for whatever reason, there's just something a lot more fun about riding around in a little cart that'll go 9. Maybe it's the same way with mowing your lawn. I would just assume that you lose a third of your garage to one of these things. Do you really want to park in the driveway through the winter, just so you can sit down while you're cutting the grass?

So my conclusion is the excitement of doing something while sitting down is enough to rationalize paying an extra two thousand dollars for a lawn mower....it'd be nice to have that kind of cash to throw around.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I drove a golf cart today to the Library..later I will wisk off in the EZ-GO to the pool...then off in the cute yellow machine to dinner. YOU MUST come drive the cart in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't your neighborhood have cheap labor to mow the grass? After all, you do live in the same neighborhood as some wrestling super star. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "some wrestling super star"! He's the current Middleweight Champion of the world! (U.F.C.)

    I'm the only cheap labor in my neighborhood...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A large pair of scissors" - that's funny. Murph, you want to write a script for a sitcom together? I had this idea once, but I'm pretty lazy so I just gave up on it.

    All this typing has made me tired; I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:32 PM

    "A large pair of scissors" is pretty funny. But, as someone who is in the market for a new lawnmower for a fairly small lawn, I have to say that I am giving the idea some serious thought...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah...the dream of reviving Slappy's Monkey House.

    It'd still be on Broadway. We could get Matthew Modine to play Artie, Phyllis Diller to play the part of Angie, Possibly Dr. Phil to play Nick the cop

    just some thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vincent D'Onofrio as 'guy with beard'

    ReplyDelete