Friday, April 28, 2006

The Epic Narrative

I'd like to write an Epic Narrative.

I'd like to...but I've got stuff to do.

Big game night with the Dresslers tonight. Then I'm off to the east side to give out groceries to some folks who might not be able to afford them...and then it's hanging out with the Thomas' - then church, a meeting, playing basketball with Grif, trying to coax Coop into walking....and then Monday hits.

and then Tuesday, Wednesday (you probably know the rest)

It'll be next Friday...and still no epic narrative

just my little ol blog...

Just random thoughts about what's going on in my little world. Nothing epic about that.

Maybe an epic blurb. Is that possible?

Or possibly a comic strip. I'm c0-creating one for our church newspaper. It's not really my bag, but I figured it'd be fun to put something together with Dan. I have a snippet of an idea, he draws it out.... and then we've got a cartoon. I love that. I get a snippet of an idea...and someone else does the work. It's nice to know creative/artsy people.

I write these two page scripts for people about once a week. It's the perfect thing for me. Someone needs to put together five minutes of something for a thing they're doing....they call me or send me an e-mail, I put together two pages....and then it's on to the next thing. I work best in two page increments.

I have a three minute rule on most blogs - I don't like to write for more than 3 minutes. I work best with stream of consciousness...I don't do well with epic.

thus, the curse of the three minute, epic-less blogger...

ah well....my 3 minutes are up

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Did you draw that "Pow!!" yourself?! I didn't read what you wrote but I liked the pictures.

    ReplyDelete