Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm fired


Every time I watch the Apprentice, I lose 17 I.Q. points....which is why I watch it the next week.

Griffin sometimes says stuff like, "Hey dad....I wonder what's under the blanket?" and I look...and wouldn't you know there's a popsicle. "hey Griff...there's a popsicle under this blanket on the couch" "um....well I guess someone should eat it since it's already out"

That's about how obvious the manipulation is on the Apprentice. And yet...I continue to watch. This week focused on nepotism. The Don's kids participated as the people who follow around the candidates and give the camera the look of, "what the crap are these fools thinking?" At the end they indicate that candidate #4 should be fired...and then when Donald fires candidate #7 - they say, "you had to do it, you had no choice"

and still I watch... I tried to watch one of the sitcoms - and when Annie says, "those all just talk about sex for 30 minutes" I respond with something smart like, "no they don't" as the guy in the background is talking about the prostitute that he's taking up to his room....so I turn it to the show where the guy's sleeping with his brother's girlfriend's mom so he can put in a good word...and then I gave up and turned it to the Apprentice.

It was either that or read a book....I had to do it, I had no choice...

Maybe it's the hair...

2 comments:

  1. And here I thought watching crappy television was reserved for Kalla. Geez Murph, try reading that book. I can recommend a couple of really good ones if you need help.

    BTW, what's wrong with sleeping with your buddies friends mom? It's worked for me and Fuller for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I always being mad fun of because of the shows I watch?

    ReplyDelete