Tuesday, March 10, 2009

quotin'

I've been reading some great quotes this morning and this one just sort of stuck with me.

“To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul’s paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too easily satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart.” - A.W. Tozer

I guess it's not about hoop hopping, but about relationship?

The question, "Did you go to church this week?" is probably better replaced by, "How have you come to experience God in the midst of relationship this week?"  It's a very different question and often the two have nothing to do with one another.

Is it possible that it's about experiencing the God of the Universe and not sitting in a meeting where they talk about Him?

If the two could ever come together, and I believe they can, this could be/is a powerful thing.

1 comment:

  1. I think we can only fully experience God when we are with others.

    This is not to say we don't have individual experiences, but they are never as edifying as those shared with others.

    God, the Trinity, the the pinnacle of community, and we are called to similar relationships with other God-followers.

    I only say this because the line "Is it possible that it's about experiencing the God of the Universe and not sitting in a meeting where they talk about Him..." could lead to a very individualistic focus.

    However, I am pretty sure I agree with the spirit in which you meant it... so why the heck am I even commenting? Guess I am bored... class got canceled.

    ReplyDelete