Friday, February 27, 2009

Never Eat Alone

We had a chance to sit at a banquet with a bunch of friends last night.  Today I'm going to Griffin's "donuts with dads" thing at his school and then we're having friends over for dinner.

It's an odd practice I think.

If you were to plan out a way to hang out with friends, tell stories, enjoy their company...I'm not sure the first environment you'd pick is one where you have a mouth full of gorgonzola.  Somebody at some point figured out that it's actually the perfect environment.  "But Steve, how will this work if we're all using our mouths to enjoy this delicious antipasti?"  "I don't know...let's just give it a shot."  And it worked.  Who knew?

Nonetheless...it seems to be just about the perfect environment for building families and friendships.  There have been studies that show the direct links that show that a family that eats together will someday produce a child that will cure cancer or star in Full House.  You do the math.  It just works.

So I'm off to eat donuts with my favorite eight year old, and I couldn't think of a better way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment