Thursday, February 18, 2010

focus

I had a chance to talk with some folks last night about what I think is the top thing.
it's focus

which is ironic that the guy who can't focus on anything would say it's top...but that's what I believe.  I also believe in Crystal light, but that's a whole other thing.

I'm not throwing out the "if you aim at nothing you'll surely hit it" or the classic "don't let your shoes get flattened by an uncooperative mailman"  We've heard those a thousand times.

I just believe that life passes me by because I lose focus.
Focus on the thing(s) that matters.  I get wrapped up in the distractions.  I lose sight of what's important.
I wander off...
 
And before too long, I've drifted into just sort of doing what comes next.
 
I don't want to do that.  I want to focus on the One that matters.  I want to focus on those that He loves.  I want to stop getting wrapped up in the stuff...and lock onto what lasts.

I also want a pony.

1 comment:

  1. A dog is so much easier than a pony. Let's get a dog! Great idea! That settles it. Oh my gosh the kids will be so excited, I'll got tell them.

    ReplyDelete